Monday, December 19, 2011

Final Birthday Blanket

Lion Brand's Domestic Bliss

I finished the fourth and final birthday blanket just in time for my daughter’s birthday! Boy was it a close one! I am so thrilled with how it turned out. I think this one looks “store-worthy”. I don’t mean that in a boastful tone at all. I am not the designer of its pattern.

I view the process of constructing my projects the same as following a recipe. I’ll use cooking as an example: You find a recipe of interest, buy the ingredients, follow the directions, and Voila! You’ve created a fabulous meal. You may feel surprised and even comment on how great it tastes. This is similar to the feeling I get after examining the final touches of my creations.

I find the colors, pattern, and texture of this blanket all very modern and could imagine it stocked on a store shelf somewhere. My compliments to Lion Brand Yarn for the pattern and the wonderfully soft Homespun yarn they recommend for the project. I am so thankful for the endless resources of incredible artists out there providing patterns that can be used by those of us who just want a “recipe-to-follow”.

I am overjoyed at having completed these comforting blankets for all of my children. I often worried I wouldn’t be able to follow through on my goal. I credit those hopeful eyes on each of their faces as they anticipated their gifts. Their persistence proved quite motivating!

Now, back to the art of Amigurumi! I’m thinking…..Aardvark…….

I’m curious…what motivates you to keep your projects going? AND, Do you relate to the feeling of being surprised by your own creations?

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful creation!

    What motivates me to keep my projects going? I have no clue really...I feel like there is some mystical force within me that just keeps me moving forward no matter what obstacles may come my way. Some have said that I am a "glutton for punishment." Linn says that I will keep moving until my legs fall off. I suppose it partly has to do with my genes, mixed in with my faith that constantly propels me to bigger and greater things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love your explanation for your motivation. You certainly have a lot going on, and you do it all so beautifully! Your genes, your wonderful faith, and the strength of God in your life are a golden combination!

    ReplyDelete