Friday, December 30, 2011

Bookshelf Peek of the Week #2

This week we will peek into the book "Amigurumi World Seriously Cute Crochet", by ana Paula Rimoli.

This book is where my Ami love truly began. The irresistible features on the animals faces and the overall cuteness of them absolutely stole my heart as well as the hearts of my children! The book contains over 30 super sweet patterns to capture with your hook. I have brought to life 17 of them so far.

The author uses felt and embroidery floss to give the critters extra special character. The simplicity of the patterns makes for great practice of crocheting in the round. I think it's especially good for beginners. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Most of the projects in this book can be made within just a few hours. That is one reason I love Amigurumi. The satisfaction of a completed project comes rather quickly, and you end up with an adorable critter to enjoy for yourself or to proudly give as a gift.

The author sells her patterns and some of the critters she has created on Etsy. I encourage you to check it out if you feel the desire to make some yourself; or if you're not crochet savvy, you may like purchasing an item as a gift.

If you do decide to make some of ana's critters, please share your pics!

Here's one of mine (I could only find one right now....I made them a few years ago, and the pictures seem to be buried away somewhere...ugh):

No comments:

Post a Comment