Friday, January 6, 2012

Bookshelf Peek of the Week # 3

This week’s peek…Crobots 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make, by Nelly Pailloux.






Usually before I purchase a book, I like to check it out from my local library. I want to preview it and weigh its usefulness and price to be sure it’s worth my time and money. This paperback, however, was the exception! I saw it displayed in a book store and found myself hooked at first glance! When I flipped through the pages, I had no doubt this book would meet my expectations. I felt privileged that someone was willing to share their incredible designs.

Crobots is filled with twenty of the cutest little bots imaginable. The author uses a wonderful variety of crafting supplies to bring unique characteristics to each bot and then titles them to match. For instance, the “Mechanobot” uses two pen springs as arms, silver snap fasteners as legs, two brooch bar fasteners as ears, and he even holds a screw.
Here he is! (from the book)








Other supplies may include: sequins, beads, nuts, bolts, screws, valves, buttons, embroidery floss, felt and more! The author provides detailed instruction on stitching for the embellishments, as well as beginner crochet techniques. It's all there!

I hope you will check it out for yourself! These make a great weekend project, and Valentine's Day is just around the corner...

Here's a couple of my Crobots
Space Mouse

Ninjabot (without his red headband...it's been misplaced!)

No comments:

Post a Comment