Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Design Inspired

The idea of creating my own designs has been floating around my brain for a little while now. It surfaced again, BIG TIME, when my 8 year old son came home after the 100th day of school. They do it up and celebrate with lots of fun games and activities at school.

He came off the bus carrying an activity mat, a crown, a pencil, and was wearing a special sticker on his shirt. When I got a closer look, I nearly jumped out of my skin at the realization of my first real design inspiration! The colorful characters in this theme are just calling to me to bring them to life!! This is it! I am ready to take it on!



I found the stuff on a teachers website called "Really Good Stuff"

I am SO anxious to get started. I have a few other projects to finish up first, but as soon as I start creating one of these little alien creatures, I will be posting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Kids are the best source of inspiration. I also get inspired by so many of my son's toys and books. Good luck and keep up the momentum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are! Sometimes I feel ridiculous when I want to crochet every character I see in their books! HA!! With these little creatures, it seems doable! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete