Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Re-Vamped Lunch Bag

My daughter has decided she no longer likes Hello Kitty and requested a new lunch bag. Oh boy! After close examination, I found that I could easily remove the Hello Kitty and simply make some modifications instead of going out to buy a new bag!

Here's what I did:


I Used my seam ripper to remove the Kitty

Sayonara, Kitty!

Found some scrap fabric in just the right pattern and color....lucky me!!!

Buttons that match the same flower pattern as the bag too! WOW!






And wouldn't you know, while making this, my daughter grabs the Kitty and says "yea!...now I can play with it"! WHAT? My reply..."I thought you didn't LIKE Hello Kitty anymore!" to which she states..."only at school!" Hmmm O well! She LOVES the "New" bag, and I had fun changing it for her! I also enjoyed finding a new use for scraps!

What kind of new uses have you found for your scraps?
Ever Re-vamped something? Do share...!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I pinned on Pinterest to share - I'm sure there are others who's kids would like a revamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thanks for the pin too! Yay! A classmate noticed the bag right away this morning and said..."Hey...Claire got a new lunch bag!" Pretty cool!!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I would have just bought a new one without thinking twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Sometimes a good idea hits and I roll with it. Yay! : )

      Delete